Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Cricut Craft Room's Would you Ever Guess Wednesday

Its Wednesday and today I am being featured over at Erica's blog for Would You Ever Guess Wednesday. The theme of this day is to use a cartridge but only use feature functions on the cartridge or to use a Cake cartridge making a paper project. I needed a birthday card for my daughter in law so I chose to use my new Cake Everyday Sampler cartridge that I won on Erica's Ustream a few weeks ago. (check out Erica's blog to see all the fun giveaways she does).

I chose to use the flower on the cartridge and cut all the layers at 3.50" from the DCWV Linen Closet paper. I cut one extra layer of the blue at 3.25. (now I think I should have cut a few more layers too add a little more dimension to the flower). I took some lace and folded it back on itself until it covered the card front. I attached it using Zots and some Beacon 3 in 1 glue. To top off the lace, I used some kraft colored twine to tie a bow. The sentiment was stamped using Pink By Design's Simply Everything stamp set and brown Momento ink. I layered the offwhite on brown cardstock and then fussy cut it to shadow the sentiment. The photo really looks a little washed out. The card is really pretty colors in person.

Thanks for stopping by my blog for Would You Ever Guess Wednesday. To see other creations by my fellow design team sisters, please visit: http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Tammy Schmitt said...

Very pretty! I love how you used the lace and hemp. TFS:-)

~Tammy S

Audrey Frelx said...

What a cutie-pie card!!! Love the flower and the lace!!!

cema1cema said...

I loved that you used lace at the bottom of your card! Very cute! Christina

Denise Speigle said...

I think it's great you showed that you can use the cake cartridges for their things than decorating cakes!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Pretty card. Love the papers you used.