Saturday, February 4, 2012

Amendment to my post for the 100 Cartridge Blog Hop

I apologize but for some reason Blogger is not working right today and even though I have tried to edit my post for the blog hop to add the project details, it will not save the changes. The directions where there in the preview screen but when I post it, it disappears.


My project today is a gift bag, card and bookmark set that I made for my mom's birthday. I purchased a shiny black bag. To make it coordinate, I used a cut from the Sophie cartridge on page 64. It is the doily feature key cut at 7.06" (sized on my Gypsy). I also cut a rose from the Quarter Note cartridge at 3.75". The layers for the flower were cut with some beautiful pink glitter paper that Erica was so kind to send to me. It really made the bag, card and bookmark so pretty! I cut my card base using black cardstock and it was cut from the Life's A Party cartridge at 8.95" x 5.91" I cut the same flower as what I put on the bag but in a smaller version (2.34"). Finally I used the bookmark feature on the Sophie cartridge and added another rose in the glitter paper. My mom loves James Patterson novels and we bought her the newest one and we thought she needed a new bookmark for her book. I also pop dotted a gift card inside her birthday card. The sentiment was stamped on a tag using a die set that I have.

No comments: