Friday, November 11, 2011

Its Festive Friday at Erica's Craft Room!



The holidays are fast approaching and for my Festive Friday post for Erica's Craft Room, I decided to make a Thanksgiving project to display in my living room. I just love the pilgrims from Speaking of Fall and I chose to cut them for my home decor item. The Pilgrims were cut at 6.50" and using my Gypsy, I hid the faces so I could use my Peachy Keen (PK-490) stamps for the faces. I cut the layers several times to get all the colors I wanted for their clothing and hair. I also used the Gypsy to weld strips of grass (cut image is from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art). The grass was cut at a height of 1.75". I selected a tree from the Give A Hoot cartridge and by turning off the little link between the height and length, I stretched the image to be 5.13" wide by 9" tall. I saved the little cut outs from the tree foliage to use as falling leaves. I have forgotten what cartridge the sun was cut from but I cut two pieces, one smaller than the other to layer and offset. I used chalk to darken the center on the top layer. Count Your Blessings was used for the font for the sentiment. I again used my Gypsy to cut the letters down to .42" in height.

If you happened to visit my blog first, please be sure to go to Erica's blog to see the other festive projects for today. Here site is at
http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Doris P. said...

LOVE IT!! I love this time of year :) Doris
parkernana5 at cox. net

Liz said...

really nice, very impressed you could get your letters to cut that small, I never have any luck with that

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

tgclifton said...

CUTE!!! Love it!!!

Laura (tweetyb) said...

I agree with Liz! Those letters are amazing! :) This project is so cute! Such a great idea!!
♥ Laura ♥
tweetyb@satx.rr.com
http://laurascraftsandmore.com/

Lisa said...

Great job!

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

so cute! love this..i love the pilgrims

Debbie said...

love the sentiment on this, it is so true thanks
upnurse at aol dot com

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Sorry finally blogger is letting me comment, Pilgrims look amazing

Liz said...

Tracy thanks for answering my question about your small font. I will have to try that, and because the answer is on my blog I won't lose it LOL!

Liz
http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com