Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Card Creating Tuesday on Cricut Craft Room


Hello!! Its Tuesday and today I am being featured over on Erica's My Cricut Craft Room blog for Card Creating Tuesday. I created another birthday card. This one will have a dual purpose. I made it for my oldest son's birthday and will make a duplicate for my step-father-in-law. I have had my Handyman cartridge for a little while and haven't really tried it out much. This is a cartridge that I won on a blog hop and I was so excited to win it!

The drill was cut at 3.50" and then accented with my white Signo pen. I almost cannot create a card without that pen! I used my computer to generate the sentiment "You know the drill..." and then simply used scissors to cut the ends of the paper to make it look like a ribbon. Fast and easy card (that somehow still seems to take me forever to pull together). Hope you liked it. To see some other great cards made by some very talented crafters, please go to Erica's blog at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card! It would be great for Father's Day!!! I am now a follower!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Fabulous, fun guy card! I love it and the sentiment is perfect!

KAT said...

too darned cute. i always have a hard with with masculine cards. this is a great idea. tfs.

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Tracy, This is GREAT!! We all know how hard it is to make those "men" cards!! Karen♥

Susan said...

I just love the 3D dimenson this card has.. You did an awesome job.. Hopeing to create something like this come father's day!!!!! New follower to!

Madison said...

Awesome card. I like how you made your own banner by cutting the ends:) Some cartridges have that banner but if you don't have one, make one!!! Such a smart crafter!!!
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Denise Speigle said...

Great guy card!! Love it! Denise

Denise Speigle said...

Great guy card! Love it!

cema1cema said...

This is a great Man card! I have this cartridge, I need to get it out!! Christina

CrazyQuiltCreator said...

This would be a great card for DH, maybe he would get the hint...lol
TFS :)New Follower

Liz said...

cute card, great cut!!!

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love it! I have this cart and I have never used it! Now I will! Thanks!

Connie Layman said...

I really don't know why I haven't got this cart yet...I call my hubby Tim the toolman Taylor!!!LOL!
This is a perfect card for our handymen!

Debby Pannell said...

This is an awesome card for a guys bday. Need to get that handy man cart. TFS
TTFN from a new follower

Tammy Schmitt said...

Very clever! That background PP is perfect! TFS:-)

~Tammy S

Laura (tweetyb) said...

I LOVE this!!! Love the drill, love the sentiment! Love it all! :)
♥ Laura ♥
tweetyb@satx.rr.com
http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun card! Great job!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Lucinda said...

TFS. Love it! I think I may have to add this cartridge to my wishlist and check into getting one of those white pens

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Great Card! Love the colors and the dtails you added to the drill! TFS sorry late on this comment

Lisa said...

What an awesome card, Tracy!! This would be so perfect for my Dad! I am going to have to look for that cart!

I also wanted to let you know that you won my Blog Candy Giveaway!! If you can email your address to indymermaid(at)blogspot(dot)com, I will get it in the mail to you! Congratulations!!

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

jrmoore231 said...

Love it

Audrey Frelx said...

What a terrific card for a man!!! Love this!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit -- always happy to have you!