Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thank you to our soldiers!


Anne from Paper Patch Crafts asked if anyone could make some cards to send to our soldiers that are in Afghanistan. Her husband is deployed there and she said moral is low. She thought that sending them some thank you cards might help to lift their spirits. I wanted to help and so I came up with this design last night. I found some inspiration from a cross stitch project that I have been working on. I will come back after I finish it and post a photo of it too.

The stars were cut from the Don Juan cartridge and the frames behind it are from George.

3 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

What a nice card! I will have to go check out her blog and make a card as well.
My son was in Iraq for 13 mo and they LOVED that when they received cards and care pkg's. We just don't tell them enough how much we appreciate what there doing for us back here in America:)
God Bless,
Sherrie K
http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

What a great card! I'm sure all the men and women appreciate getting all types of cards! :O) Will stop by her blog and maybe send a few myself! :o)
Theresa

Audrey Frelx said...

Very nice card for a great cause!!!

You didn't say where we could donate the cards to if we made them. I already donate when I can or if someone has requested a special card!